Saturday, November 17, 2007
Hinulugang Taktak MRR Train Station
Antipolo extension.-(40 kilometers.) The first section of this line was opened to public traffic from the Manila station to Pasig, 16 kilometers, on December 22, 1905. The second section, from Pasig to Rosario Junction and thence to Taytay, at 25 kilometers, was opened February 22, 1906, and the third section, from Rosario Junction up the left bank of the Mariquina River to Mariquina, a distance of 4.5 kilometers, was opened March 17, 1906. On this line there are 5 steel bridges, 5 pile bridges, and 39 cement and masonry culverts. The San Juan River is crossed by a steel bridge of four 66-foot spans in concrete cylinder foundations, and the Mariquina River is crossed by a similarly constructed bridge but consisting of five 100-foot spans. A ferry has been constructed between Fort McKinley station and the military wharf on the other side of the Pasig for the transportation of quartermaster wagons and military supplies. A request has been made for the construction of a rack railroad of the " strub system," not to exceed 2 kilometers in total length, on the last section of 7 kilometers to Antipolo. This type of construction was deemed the best method of securing ascent of the difficult hills in the climb to Antipolo. This matter is still pending. On May 15, the company was granted an extension of time from May 23, 1906,until December 31, 1906, for the completion of the whole line. The number of passengers carried on this line during the first half of 1906 was 258,612, or more than a third of the number carried upon the main line for the same period. The line is to be double tracked up to the Santa Mesa station and a spur line of 3 kilometers will be constructed to and across the Pasig River for connection with the proposed lines through the southern provinces.
Title: Annual report of the Directory of Lands. 
Author: Philippines. Bureau of Lands.
Hinulugang Taktak Train Station posts currently being preserved inside Hinulugang Taktak National Park.
The Taytay to Antipolo line was abandoned on February 21, 1918 (Act No. 2748)