An office created by Act No. 1507, of the Philippine Commission, enacted June 29, 1906, under the Department of Commerce and Police, and placed in the Bureau of Public Works from which it was separated during the fiscal year 1906-1907. Abolished as a separate office, its duties were transferred to the Board of Public Utility Commissioners by Act No. 2320 of the Third Philippine Legislature, second session, enacted January 31, 1914.
Source: Checklist of publications of the government of the Philippine islands September 1, 1900, to December 31, 1917 Page 240