Sunday, July 15, 2007
Companias de los Tranvias Filipinas Maps
The above map was published on the www.aenet.org website. Map drawn by Leon Monpour, 1878. The Compania de los Tranvias de Filipinas was established on December 28, 1885 in Madrid by Jacobo Zobel y Zangróniz and his partners. It ceded its rights in 1904 to Manila Electric Railroad and Light Company.
The map above is from the 1908 Navy Guide to Cavite and Manila.
The above image of the Tranvias de Filipinas is from book The Pearl of the Orient: The Philippine Islands written by George Waldo Browne published in 1900 (page 40).